Become A Catechist Today!
Thank you for your expression of interest in helping to share the joy and hope that Jesus brings to many.
As a catechist you will “…. help towards forming mature faith lives that, in Christ, can both celebrate the joys of life and weather life’s storms to live lives of thanksgiving with outward looking charity/service” ( Archbishop Julian Porteous, Hobart).
Your role as a Catechist
In making this commitment and to be an effective volunteer catechist we would like you to:
- Be a living witness of Christ and a witness of God’s love.
- Faithfully hand on the teachings of Christ as taught by the Catholic Church.
- Adapt to the needs of students.
- Exercise due care for the safety and good behaviour of students in your care.
- Have a current Work with Children Check Card (WWCC), aware of and accept guidelines of Child Protection legislation and any other relevant legislative provision.
- Cooperate willingly with the parish priest in fulfilling your duties for catechesis.
- Attend accreditation workshops and training opportunities in classroom management and child safeguarding.
- Use the authorised curriculum programs.
- Be available for a minimum 30 minutes each week during school terms for SRE lessons;
How YOU will Benefit as a Catechist
The rewards of being a catechist are quite significant and include:
- Receiving quality training and professional development.
- Having the opportunity to deepen your own faith.
- Contributing to the development of your own parish.
- Sharing the Catholic faith with others.
- Meeting new friends.
Sounds like a commitment you are prepared to make? Please complete the details below:
Become a Catechist (Expression of Interest)
Thank you for showing an interest in the work of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. Please complete this form to register your expression of interest. Your local Parish Coordinator will be in contact soon.