LEVEL 1 (previously BASIC)
SMART BOARD BEGINNER CLASSES
No prior knowledge of SMART Boards is required, however, intending course participants should have a basic familiarity with computers as follows:
- Have used Microsoft Word or Microsoft Outlook or similar document and email programs
- Able to select, cut and paste images, words and other objects
- Can open, save or ‘save as’ files, as needed
- Able to search for photos, documents and folders
- Can minimize/restore/shift between running programs
- Able to start and close programs at will
- Can search the web using Google.
- Can go to websites given a web address or URL
Learners are encouraged to do as much hands on during and after the course to practice their new skills.
To practice at home, learners may download then install the SMART Board Notebook software from http://smarttech.com/us/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Software. The download does not take long but its installation takes about an hour.
Participants can request to be put on waiting list for courses that are fully booked. CCD will then contact you should there be a booking cancellation and your name is next on the list.